ENCUENTROS DEL OTRO CINE EDOC
- The International Documentary Film Festival “Encuentros del Otro Cine” (EDOC) is a non- competitive, creative documentary film festival organized by Corporación Cinememoria, a non-profit institution based in Quito, Ecuador.
- In order to be considered in the festival film program, the film should be submitted by the legal holder of its exhibition rights.
- Films on any subject and of any length can be submitted as long as they have been completed after January 1st, 2014. Films should not have previous commercial exhibition in Ecuador or be available on-line. The films should express the point of view and the artistic intention of their authors. The festival will not consider journalistic reports, propaganda, wildlife or advertising documentaries. Films already submitted to previous editions will not be considered, even if they are a new version.
- When submitting a film, the participant authorizes unlimited screenings of the film in the festival context and relinquishes any financial compensation for these screenings. Additionally, the participant authorizes the festival organizers to keep a copy of the film at the Cinememoria Video Library for non-commercial educational and cultural purposes. These uses could include granting individual access to the film to the registered users of the Cinememoria Video Library in its own office or in high-schools and universities of Ecuador that are depositories of the library.
- Films are screened in their original version in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles. The films submitted must have a master subtitled in Spanish. Only exceptionally will the festival translate and/or subtitle films.
- The submission period goes from November 1st to December 15th, 2015. Ecuadorian documentaries that are in post-production at the time of the deadline can submit their preliminary cut. In case these films are selected, the festival will set the deadline for the final cut delivery.
- The submission should include three film stills, a portrait of the director in JPEG format (300 DPi), and an online screener (password protected) with the possibility to download. Submissions made through platforms that need registration or with expiry date will be ignored. If an online screener is not available, we also accept a DVD (free region), which should be sent by regular or certified mail to:EDOC15
c/o Mundo Juvenil, Av. de los Shyris s/n y pasaje Rumipamba 170506
- The official selection will be notified after April 1st, 2016. The selected participants must send the exhibition copy by May 1st, 2016. The festival will pay for shipping, return and handling expenses of the screening copy.
- The festival may use stills and up to 3 minute clips of the selected films for any of its printed, electronic and audiovisual publications.